Monday, July 13, 2009

Return of THE FAT ZOMBIE! (Pangkor Day1)















I'm back from my Pangkor Island vacation! It was paradise to my eyes~ the white sandy beach which glimmer with the daylight! A blue ocean rushing to the shores and pulling back slowly like an open invitation saying "Jump in you bubbly beanie bag!" With the coconut tress waving hello and the birds flying by. MAN! I can almost cry. . . . . . sure did beat my pass experience in Langkawi Island.

We traveled by bus for 4 hours and took a 20 minute ferry ride to reach the island. We then took a shuttle and checked ourselves into PANGKOR ISLAND BEACH RESORT. The reception was cozy and everyone was amped up and excited to get into the rooms, my room mate was Nic. A friendly decent chap with an interest in games the same as i do (i was happy). First order of business when I entered the room was to look around the setting and indulge my curiosity in the room service menu (Evil Grin!!) I was stunned for a good 30 seconds when i flip the first page. A fruit juice that cost RM20++, ordinary Nasi Lemak with chicken priced at RM25++. It would be over my dead body if I were to spend my money over some room service like this.

After that went to the coffee house for our lunch. I scanned through the food there and my food sense told me only a few things are edible for a gourmet like me, I went for the thai style fish fillet with some salad. I skipped everything else that I saw which were the, fried rice, braised chicken, tom yam soup, chili prawns and some messed up dishes which mixes beef strips with onions & cucumber. The fish i ate was bad, tasted weird with an after taste like soap and the thousand island sauce which was tasteless. I did not go for deserts after that coz i doubt it would be any better. = = my suspicion was on the mark when i heard whispers of complains on the food coming from my vacation buddies. I would rate it a 4star plus hotel with sucky food = =. But complaints can only go as far as that coz the boss is playing for the trip.

After lunch we had our workshop activities where we gathered up for a session of "Get to know the people around you" It is like 120 people from the company participated the trip. The group was huge and as usually most of us stick close to those we are familiar with. Then we formed a group and started playing the first game which is to see who can stack the highest balloons without the need to support it. Each team was given 20 balloons and we broke 3 at the start of the game (ugh not optimistic about this since there is more than one person in charge of planing it was chaos) The best option available was to keep quiet and enjoy the game. We got it tall enough but lacks in support = = the wind my tip it over. The surprise came in when = = the opposing team is to pop 3 balloons from your team. Those still left standing would be taken into consideration to see if they are the highest among the surviving balloon towers. It only took 1 balloon popped to make our tower crying out "TIMBER!!"

So the first event is over and the next even requires us to make shoes out of card board boxes that can hold 10 egg and keep them from breaking in a trial of running, jumping and foot fights. Poorly chosen candidate which I dare not mention was the model for our prototype egg shoe. She not the athletic type and more of a flimsy one was more worried that if the egg breaks her feet will go ew. So we finished our egg shoe and gets ready for the trial, first trial (introduction and fashion sense) ours are named TRANSFORMER BOOTS (don't ask me further or thou shall venture to the gate of hades chambers!). Our second trial was a jump trial, participants are to jump 10 times with their egg shoe. Our model bent her legs and leaped with all her might in the jumps! I was amazed at the height she reached, each jump was barely 1 millimeter off the ground. Wow she is a pro! The third event was the race event, our model took he sweet time and walked walked like a queen with elegance towards the finish line (slaps face). The last and dealiest trial! The foot ware battle, = = oh dear, OH DEAR!! I don't think the guys took pity on her. She neither have the what it takes to keep her egg shoes from being crushed by the guys nor have the will to stomp on others. We loss to our manners of being polite *Choke choke*. Anyway it was fun making fun =p.

Then the events are up and we all went for a dip in the pool. It has been a long while since I showed my flabby self in public and ignored what went on. Ahhh it was relaxing, we then cleaned up and prepared ourselves for dinner.

= = Skeptical about the food i'll be eating all i did was go with the safe choices where even the most inexperience of chefts and cooks might not go wrong that bad. I took spegetti with some tomato fish. My experienc in food let me made the right choices and i see my friends come to the table with a pile of food and were unable to finish it off. The taste is still a negative, for deserts the fruits are the safest choice where preparation is of minimal need from the chefs.

A few round on the pool table with some drinks are all it takes for us to end the night and go to bed. Day 2 will be continued later on =p

2 comments: