Saturday, August 8, 2009

Return of THE FAT ZOMBIE! (Pangkor Day2)

Sorry for the late late late late updates, I apparently had myself visit the clinic due to the common cold, got some time out, resume work for a short while and ended up visiting the hospitals emergency ward over a bloody nose that did not stop bleeding after it started pouring out of my nostrils for 45 minutes and another 25 minutes AFTER I saw the doctor. = = rough calculation and assumption I lost like a nice amount of blood. My head felt light like a butterfly and my mind lacks the sting and sharpness of a bee. I'll write this in another blog update =p now to continue on my Pangkor Island trip.















I forgot to show it on the first day blog update, this is how my room looks like during our stay =). On the second day we are to meet up early in the morning we are being rounded up like cattle to the field area to group up with those we met yesterday. My eyes reluctantly opened themselves for the activity that awaits all of us. The theme of this activity is "FISHY BUSINESS". Immediately what comes across my mind is having us catch some fish in a bucket or something like that. My mark was not far away but instead of a bucket we were to catch fish at the shallow waters of the beach.

We were all guided to the beach and into the waters where we take a group picture of everyone present before we start the activity. I saw them carrying a box of already small dead fishes fresh from the market. The thing we need to do is catch and collect as many fishes as we can being thrown and flung into the air by the activity organizers. Well its more complicated than a simple catch and collect, vultures (players from another team) roam the waters and will just grab what you already collected by force if they cant get any. Plundering is not against the rules so we did have one or two fishes stolen. At the end of the time limit everyone was to get out of the water and head to the fields again where we count our spoils of war. We got 43 fishes which placed us second to the winner of 55 fishes.

We are then asked to cook the fish as part of the second event which followed, those who had the most fish gets to go first and pick the ingredients and there are only limited amount of ingredient available with the points earned with the number of fish caught. We are to buy the ingredient with those points and I wish I have gone and picked it instead of 2 girls that hardly know nuts about cooking but luckily I gave my 2 cents on what we must have and they can shoose whatever they think we can use with the remaining points....no use cryin over spilled milk. Not all girls these days cook for they eat out more than eat in at home because of a busy lifestyle. So we have the list of things like :

1.Chili
2.Butter
3.Ginger (Useless)
4.Garlic
5.Pineapple
6.Curry Powder (Useless)

So the useless items are the balance points which the girls spent on. = = I'm a bit of a coward when someone ask me am I confident in anything, even though I know cooking fish like this a simple job but it ended up complicated with more than one person taking charge of things. So I was asked to leave the cooking to the girls (I worried a little) and help them do a 3rd activity which is sand castle building. Its something I love to do and =D damn I know what the heck to do since i was a kid. Won a few sand castle competition during my younger times and I'm proud that this is the most confident event I think I can do with.

As usual, someone always tells me what I'm doing is wrong so they took over and what they created was a heap of sand with a person buried with his head exposed....... it looks like the Pharoh's Tomb and with the traditional representitive of chinese offereing to the dead with 3 sticks planted to the ground like incents. Well there is nothing I can do there since they are having fun with it so I went back to the fields where the field where the fish is cooked. Nothing much I can do there too, the pineapple was being roasted & the fish being cooked. Well all that is left is presentation of the food cooked, being the son of a former F&B manager. I know the in's and outs of food judging so I might as well try to strike some points in presentation by making a nest of papaya leaves, fan like leaves and lots of flowers (The resort gardener is gonna kill me if he catches me doing what I did) I basicly took a knife and started hacking the bushes and trees for their leaves and flowers. I was reliefed I wasn't the only crook doing it =p. So the nest looked nice and pretty with the fish in the middle.......and we put the offering of cooked fish in front of the tomb and waits for the judge to come.

The amount of smiles and laughter we got from the judges was hillarious as our team leader explains what the theme is about with the tomb and fish. O well, its over and I can relax and enjoy the rest of the event looking at other peoples work.

The activity ended and we are all free to do what we like in the resort so I took a nice long nap in the room to prepare for the barbeque dinner we will be having for our last night spent in the resort. There will be an activity and prizes for the best dressed participants in the dinner event. It was an eye opener to see my superios wearing bikini and cross dressing with stuff napkins to increase the size of their artificail boobbies. The won the event hands down and it gaved me some memorable laughs (Gut cramp! UGhH!).

The dinner ended with the anouncement of the winning team, the best dressed and also some words of wisdom from the bosses. We went back to the rooms and played some cards and then off to bed to prepare for the journey home to KL.


More updates laterzzzzz . Still tired >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment