Thursday, May 28, 2009

Treadmill Joy Ride






















When i went home yesterday i discovered something was wrong with the living room, there was an additional contraption which I'm vaguely familiar with set up right in the middle with an invisible sign that says "you can walk all over me and i won't mind" Yes! Its my long awaited treadmill, a device so cruel that makes you run and run but you go no where at all~ *I likey*

So I hop on the devilish contraption and tried it out, at first i thought since i had not done much physical work out in a long while i might as well start slow to loosen up the old rusty muscles. I put my Mp3 on and started walking with Jason Mraz (Lucky) at the speed 2 which is a walking pace. Got practically carried away with the tempo of the music by Boys Like Girls (The Great Escape) and I turned up the speed 5 and started running, it was a good running pace till the song ends and played something faster which was from Linkinpark (Bleed it out) so i went faster at 6.5 I almost practically bleed it out on the treadmill that moment. Luckily the song does not last that long but when your runing it seemed forever, and then back to slow songs for me with Taylor Swift (Love Story) with speed 3. Its a fast and slow run mix decided by the random plays of the songs on my handy Mp3.

In the end I survived a 3 Km run thinking i can still reach the 5 Km mark after a gazilion years of non-physical excersice. My legs felt like logs and I think my dog is laughing at me = =. Bonnie is a Golden Retriever and she is a bitch. We usualy don't let her in the house but that night I let her in on purpose coz it does feels awfully quiet in the house when no one is around. She can stay in till the very moment I hear my parents on the front gate =p have to chase her out before that.

This morning i practically overslept, luckily for me its laundry day where my mom wakes up at 6.30 am to turn on the washing machine so that she can dry em out later at 8 am. So i got a loud knock on my door and i draged my feet and pry my lazy ass from the embrace of my dear darling bed. Belive me it wasn't easy coz I realized I overdid my excersice on the treadmil and now my body is aching all over. Well its gonna be a rutine to get on the treadmill, might as well get use to it.

Well the thought of my mom holding a whip with my dad on the treadmill seemed funny enough, since my dad hardly does anything physical at all in the house. Basicly my dad is retired because of health issues, high blood presure, diabetics, gouts, kidney problems and a whole lot of mean things. But the thing is he needs excercise to keep him healthy, when someone has kidney problems they are resticted to low protein and low potasium diets. Because these 2 element gives alot of work to your kidney and when you have a damage kidney, doctors would advice you to go on these diets to reduce the workload the kidney has to take. With a low protien diet you will lose muscle mass. My dad practically shriveled to a thin bony figure with the diet compared to his previous jolly belly status. The weight loss he got was a good sign but it comes at a high price which is his muscles. = = Diet my mom prepares for him made the doctors happy for a reason which is my dad takes a few less medication and from the charts doctor saw my dad was improving health wise. The doctor adviced that he talk some walking excercise to help him improve his muscles. http://www.scienceblog.com/community/older/archives/H/usda607.html

But the main issue now is his muscle loss which made him weak. We tried morning walks during my day off but just after one day he complains that his feet and leg hurts and so on. = = I basicly find it pathetic looking at him complain about the pain. From my point of view its only muscle aches and not real pain which is what he felt. One we get use to the excersice we won't feel much then doing it routinely. We all feel it when after we excercise because out muscles uses borrowed energy when oxigen is insufficient to provide energy for your muscles to burn. Just after one day he gives up and refuses to go for a walk the next morning.

So we temporarily gave up in making him take a morning walk because he likes to hide himself with petty excuses. Its just walking >_< its not a marathon. So we went to the mall for food supplies and a treadmill caught his attention. Heck!! it caught my attention too because I'm lazy to jog outside the house and i always wanted to get one =p. Mom hatches a plan while we drool on the machine and make us promise to use it every single day without fail because its FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE just to get one. I'm all happy agreeing to the terms but the main man which this contraption is targeted at nods his head too. Practically I'm skeptical if he would really stick to the routine to slowly walk on the machine for 20 minutes minimum on a slow pace. Well time will tell but i do hope he does coz with just skin and bones looked so awkwards on my dad.

More to write when i think of something. Laterzzzz

2 comments:

  1. wow, didnt know there's so much changes with ur dad...

    oh, i would LOVE to haf a treadmill at home too, super love cardio session

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been a while =D whats up?

    Well having a jog outside of the house can get plenty of fresh air but there are too many snatch thieves around. Thats the second thing that made my moms mind out to get the threadmill. Futhermore, strike the iron while its still hot =) since my dad now has an interest in using it.

    ReplyDelete